Hello, lovelies. Welcome back. I hope you are having a delightful week. If not, you can rejoice (hopefully) in the fact that it is Thursday which means we are OH SO CLOSE to Friday!
Here in good ole OKC we have been having a variety of weather the past few weeks… tornadoes, thunderstorms, general cloudiness, and pretty much any weather NOT involving the sun. For someone who is pretty much a plant (I thrive on sunlight!) this has been no bueno for me. I thought April showers brought May flowers? Soon, hopefully soon!
In the meantime, my apartments LUCKILY has a hot tub, which helps me at least pretend it is summer already and I am lounging by the pool, fishing, kayaking, walking the pups, and all those other awesome warm weather things. I can sip my wine and RELAX. If you can’t tell I am MORE than ready for summer. I usually am not this antsy for the change of the seasons, especially since spring is usually very short in these parts, but this year is just different.
Here are my 8 Ways I Am MORE Than Ready for Summer:
- My skin is officially borderlining between “Snow White” and “pale is the new tan” cuteness to more of a sickly “Edward of Twilight” color. Especially next to my sister.
- Every night I pick out an adorable sunny day outfit, only to realize the next morning its back to tights and a shirt/dress/more tights over my tights sort of outfit.
- Fruits and veggies are finally easy to come by again in bright, non-drab colors that they display in supermarkets around here in the winter.
- Outdoor concerts sound fun again!.
- I’m a teacher. Need I say more?!
- Iced coffee sounds delicious again!
- Denim shorts, tanks, and swimmies are waiting on deck with a bottle of SPF 50.
- Did I mention I’m a teacher?!
5 days left of school! So many new things are on the way, and summer just marks the beginning of them all! How do you know you are summer ready?